Saturday, June 6, 2009

Monkey #2

Sorry for the delay...we have been a little busy! So here is a little documentary of the delivery....My doc was going out of town so he induced me that friday. We got to the hospital at 2, they broke my water and got me started at 3:45. Oakley was born at 6:45!! super fast. Here is what happened in between.....as soon as the drugs started i was immediately having contractions. My doc had to run back and forth between Jordan Valley and Alta View. He checked me when I was about a 4 and then took off to Jordan Valley. In the hour he was gone i went from a 4 to COMPLETE!!!! I was having double-decker contractions that cause me to dilate that fast in like 10 minutes. So needless to say, I was complete for 20 minutes!!!! My doctor was racing to get back. the nurse did not realize we were still on speaker phone with my doc so he heard me go through the contractions and trying NOT to push. I was about to pass out because lets face it....the pain of natural child birth is a bitch! Once my doctor arrived I pushed for 5 minutes and little Oakley was out! Steve was awsome and a great coach and I had the best nurses and doc. I am just glad she is out!

Life with two so far has been pretty easy. This little girl just eats and sleeps all day and she already has her daddy wrapped around her finger. Laker is really good with her too. We have not had any poking of the eyes and face yet but he loves giving her kisses.









12 comments:

SofiaLoves said...

She looks so adorable and precious!
Congratulations again!

{P.S. I'm glad you liked your package and it got to you on time. =)}

Brian and Carly said...

Love the description! The thought of going natural makes me want to pass out right now! You are amazing!!! She is gorgeous like her mommy!

Brad and Jana said...

She is so cute! I can't wait to see her!

paulnmea said...

Ha Ha Ha. I second that natural childbirth is a bitch. Ha Ha Ha. And two thoughts: One, if you are seriously wearing non-maternity pants at 9 months, you make you sick. Two, you have the cutest, littlest, 9 month belly I have ever seen! SO glad she came safely and no surprise she is such a doll! p.s. I think Laker is a spittin' image of your dad.

heidijogoody said...

What a little cutie! Man and what a labor you had! I am glad she made it safe and sound and that you survived it all! Can't wait to meet the cute little thing

SofiaLoves said...

Hey Katie!

I just posted some pics of the things I sent you.

http://86ksbl05.blogspot.com/2009/06/she-got-it.html

=)

vimahi said...

She is beautiful and amazing!!! Love that new babiness!! Can't wait for mine to be out and I have 4 1/2 months

Kalun and Kristi said...

She is beautiful!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

SO FUN! Congratulations! Who is your doctor? Bobbye was my delivery nurse too! (I love the pictures) Congratulations! That is awesome! :) Way to go!

Sarah and Jeremy said...

You lucky girl! I hope my next one is as fast as your second. . . good thing we'll have awhile before I have to worry about that. Glad to hear you are doing so well and that she is healthy and beautiful! Congrats.

nicole said...

She is so pretty! I can't wait to see her!! by the way.. I love my nursing cover:) Thanks again!!

SofiaLoves said...

Hi again Katie!
I got your package last week and just kept forgetting to upload the pics and post them.

I love them all!

Thank you so much again.

http://86ksbl05.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-got-it-and-i-it-all.html