Friday, June 26, 2009

A Little Update

So i know everyone loves to hears about my boob problems, but i thought i would give an update. my doc gave me an antibiotic and told me to take Ibuprofen and lortab for the pain. it worked great for like 3 days and then it hit again, this time higher up on my boob. yes, this meant more tears of pain came flowing!!! along with a few choice words that i won't mention. My doc sent me to the er to get a shot of a stronger antibiotic. So they shot me up in one leg and sent me on my way. the next morning all i got was more pain in the boob and now i have sore leg...fantastic!!! so of course i have to go back to the er the next day for another shot in other other leg. Wonderful!!! one sore boob and 2 sore legs, oh did i mention that Laker now has a bad cold with a fever that makes him radiate heat???? sick kids are so fun!!! but good news is this time the shot worked, my boob does not hurt AS bad, still a little sore and i am no longer walking like i am 90! The outcome gave me a bad case of lopsided boobs every time i need to feed, so now i am just waiting to dry up. The devil boob only gives about 1/2 oz of milk while the other gives like 4!!! can you get a mental picture of me when my milk drops.....pretty i know and we leave tomorrow for a week for the Mortensen family reunion. It will be one interesting week as far as feeding goes since i am only pumping. At least i am no longer delirious!

3 comments:

nicole said...

You poor thing!! no one should have to endure that after pregnancy and Labor!! Yikes! Get feeling well soon

Keisel Family said...

Your little girl is really cute. I had mine a couple of weeks before you. Little girls are so much fun. I am sorry about the nursing problems. I had a rough time with my first and was pumping and then giving him a bottle. I only lasted four months living that way until I put him on formula. If I were you I would just put her on formula now instead of trying to make it work and then eventually ending up on formula later. Good luck with the pain. At least your baby is cute!

heidijogoody said...

man you have really been put through it all with this nursing thing! And man I have had those shots in my leg/bumb area and I hate them and they leave you pretty darn sore!