Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I thought MY child would never do this....

You hear horror stories about toddlers and their "little" antics like coloring on the walls with markers or crayons, putting rocks in the washer or dumping detergent all over the carpet. Well my child finally had a moment. This past weekend Laker had the croup, so by monday he was pretty much dead to the world. Well today we had a good day - minus the neon green boogers and cough, but at least we did not have to watch Barney for 4 hours STRAIGHT!!! I put Laker down for his nap around 1:30.....by 4:00 i could hear laughter and banging coming from his room, so naturally I went to get him out of his crib only to find all of his blankets, toys and pillows thrown out of his crib piled on top of his humidifier. But that is not the worst.....I noticed a strong poop smell and as I looked around his room I found a poopy (runny from being sick) diaper laying on the floor - Laker only had his t-shirt on - sheets covered in poop as well as his hands and feet. But to my surprise, there was nothing on the walls!!! the kicker for me was when i realized what he had done, all he said.....with a huge grin on his face was, "I didi It!!" i could not help but laugh and think, it could have been MUCH worse!


2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Oh man.. not a fun mess to clean up! I thought you were going to say he finally climed out of his crib

Alissa said...

My two older kids never did stuff like that, but Marley did the other day but she still had her diaper on and had smeared poop all over her bed and hair and face! so gross I wanted to puke and she kept saying kaka mommy kaka!