Thursday, March 13, 2008

What a slacker!!!

I know, for those of you who keep up on us, which I am sure is few and far between.....I have been a slacker on my blogging! So let me fill you in on what we have been up to.

The Great Flood
The last week of February was an exciting one. We had the pleasure of receiving all of our neighbors "spring run-off". Steve and I spent the entire weekend defending our basement with pumps, trenched and wet vacs... needless to say, we won and thank goodness Steve is a landscaper or we could have been screwed! I must say, we have the best drainage system in all The Ranches!!

The Last Brother.....

Steve and I had the great pleasure of attending his older brother wedding in LA. This was not just any wedding, this was the LAST brother...nay, sibbling of Steve's to tie the knot and just shy of his 30th b-day. Last weekend had to be one of the funnest "quick trips" we have ever done, and we have done a few....Boston, Vegas and now LA. All of Steve's brothers and sisters were there and those Mortensen's come from all over. He's got a sister in Texas, Utah and Michigan, which will soon be Virginia. As for the boys, 3 in Utah including us, Florida, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Missouri and of course, our beloved Jay in LA. since most of us flew in from Utah we had the pleasure of picking everyone up from the airport in the "fun bus"...the 15 seater van. What a riot, it was a blast, but to top it off, Tina, (our Garmin navigator) made sure we arrived at all of our wedding destinations in safety, even if she had to "re-calculate" a few times....sorry Tina!

The wedding was great, they were sealed in the LA Temple, had a luncheon by the beach and to top it off, they had a Maria-chi Band at the reception. they were the best because they downed a case of Bud Light in front of the house before they had to "perform". Jay's wife, Marisa is a convert to the church and has a very latin family. The reception was a blast, how could in not be...excellent food, family and of course, the entertainment!! We love her to death and are excited to have complete the Mortensen circle!!! I'll post some pics when they circulate through the family. Me being the fantastic blogger that I am forgot my camera.....

Laker's Lazy Days

Now that everything is almost back to normal, Laker and I hung out on the couch all day...to catch up from the day light savings of course!!! We did not take him to California so when we got back, he looked so much bigger to me and we were gone for 3 days.

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

That is too bad to hear about you guys having problems with everyones run off. I heard the wrights basement flooded too that is too bad. Glad to see you back up and blogging. Laker is such a cute little guy.

paulnmea said...

Hey girl. We would LOVE to have visitors so call us. My email is bcchubs@yahoo.com. Email me and I'll send you our number. Anyway, I have been checking your blog a lot and finally you updated! Yeah! I am jealous of your mini vac-a to LA. Laker is getting huge and so cute! love ya, Mea

Sara said...

Hey Katie!! How striking are Laker's eyes!!! So cute!!! Thanks for your email... I am hoping not to lose contact with everyone once I do this!!! Hope all is well...#2 yet?!!!!!