Sunday, December 23, 2007

Its Party Time!!!





We had quite the day on Friday. Of course we spent the morning relaxing and playing Guitar Hero, you know, the basics. But with Steve home during the winter, it makes for some serious rockin out! Then we packed up the boy because he was gonna spend the rest of the day and night with Brett and Rachel, Steve's business partner. After we ditched the baby Steve and I headed down to the Gateway to meet my brother and parents. My dad works for the Boyer Company and every year they get the imax theater and we get to watch a new release. This year it was "National Treasure - Book of Secrets". But what is a movie with out a big lunch - California Pizza Kitchen - and then a stop at Rocky Mountain Chocolates. It was so good, not to mention the chocolate covered pretzels and caramels!!! The movie was awesome. It was just nice to be child free for the day, although I was missing him only a few hours after we left him.

Once the movie was over we were off the Cedar Hills for the Annual Christmas Party with all the friends. This year it was at Kenny and Tara's, which now that I think about it, it usually is at their house. Anyways it was soo much fun and what is a Christmas party without gift games. This year instead of the hardcore white elephants we did 2 gifts per couple. A good gift and a white elephant. For some reason we always get stuck with the gifts that benefit Steve. He got a warm up shirt and chocolates and I got a Laxative and a blocker...if you know what I mean. Did I mention they were used??? thanks a lot Steve. The Kerekes made off with the best white elephant, the George Forman Grill, although I though the pictures of Steve pulled a close second!

We had a fun time as usual and we did not make it home till 2:30 am. It would not be that bad but Steve had to get up at 7 to head down to Vegas for the BYU Bowl game. Did I mention that Laker woke up with a croupy cough and a faucet for a nose? that's right - were teething again.... and running on NO SLEEP. Steve owes me one!

2 comments:

Anika said...

Mach! I love your hair!! FInally you posted pics! Can we play after Christmas? We need to get our husbands together again! Have such a Merry Christmas! I love you!

Aleena said...

KATIE! I just found your blog and it is so cute! I cannot believe that Laker is so big. The last time I saw him he was just a few weeks old. I can't believe it.