Thursday, June 12, 2008

Boxes, boxes and more boxes


So our closing date is nearing so that means it is packing time. Over this past week we have been gathering our nick nacks and precious things and wrapping them up in bubble wrap and packing peanuts...NOT!!! Now first of all, when I say we I really mean me! I told Steve that I really wanted his help in packing up the house, but the more I thought about it, I really don't. Because Steve packs in the least effective way possible and I really don't want to repack everything he packed. So we agreed that if I pack the house he moves everything. We'll see how that ends up....

So far I have the kitchen packed, decorations, the linen closet, bathrooms, winter clothes and Laker's truck load of stuff that he wore for maybe 10 minutes and then grew out of...not to mention every thing a first time mom buys thinking she has to have it....don't fall for the trap.

But I am excited for next week. Last year I did Mom and Me swim lessons at the PG Pool and it was a blast. It lasts for 2 weeks and it was glorious. Our lessons start on monday and it will be a much needed break from all this packing, not to mention i need to work on my tan that did not happen in Mesquite!

7 comments:

Liz said...

Packing is the worst. I am normally the one that packs...but for some reason I end up moving our junk too? Funny how that happens. ;) Good luck building your new house. That is so exciting. (and if you ever get sick of the in-laws/parents, come visit us!) :)

heidijogoody said...

Just another blog to add salt to the wound to the fact that you will soon be out of this neighborhood. But like you have said you better still come and do the girls night with us and the monthly lunch! Let me know if I can help you pack in anyway even I could take Laker for a while for you

Sara said...

I have been looking for a mom and me swim class! Is it the pleasant grove pool? And do they do classes allsummer?! I am so happy I have found somewhere!! Moving sucks!! I am glad you are getting a break!

britney said...

are you moving in with your mom?
need any help or just to leave the boy here for a while. if you are not scared of him getting kicked down the stairs. you havent come back since. SORRY

your worst friend ever
britney

Brian and Carly said...

Hey Katie! That's awesome you're on the move. Good luck!!!

Brett and Rachael said...

ugh... I HATE moving! Pretty much the only reason I've agreed to let Brett put an offer in on the house we're in right now. At first I was against it until I pictured myself packing up everything to move in a couple months and then thought, why not stall that process! Seriously though, let me know if you need any help! You can drop Laker off here if you need to! Or I can help pack! Im sure I'm better at it than Steve :) Boys just arent good at those kinds of things!

Alissa said...

We are sad that you are moving! We wanted to hang out with you guys more! It is fun to move though. It keeps life interesting! We have moved4 times in the past 2 years. Good luck on finding a home right now is a great time to buy! Keep in touch!