Sunday, April 6, 2008

Easter...Better Late than Never

Every Easter my family usually goes up to my dad's parents house and have dinner and a big Easter Egg Hunt. But are egg hunts are a little different.... all the little kids get the usual egg hunt, but don't forget about the "big" grandkids...meaning us! My grandpa hides a series of ping pong balls worth a certain amount of money, some are $5, $10 and $20 and then there is the one grand-daddy ping pong ball worth $100 big ones. Now if you know my grandpa, the "eggs" are not easy to find. One year he stuck the $100 ball in the drainpipe under the kitchen sink.....i said IN not ON. I believe there was one in the down spout outside and most original had to be the one he actually buried in the front yard...who would have thought?? That sly dog still has a few tricks up his sleeve after all!

The last few years we have been going to the country club with my family for Easter dinner because they put out a killer spread and no one has to cook. This year Laker managed to get his hands on a few limes and had no reaction what so ever!!! In fact, he wanted more. What I have I done to my child??

After all the Easter clothes and toys Laker got, this is his favorite one....a diaper, his crocks and his "vacuum". Go figure!

8 comments:

heidijogoody said...

That is so fun. I wish I had a grandpa that did a fun easter egg hunt like that for me!

Tara said...

Hey, I am glad you came by it was nice that you were thinking of us!! I am so sorry about your neighbor on saturday I was crying to Kenny about it. It really breaks my heart. Kenny's b-day is on wed. I want to get together with everyone maybe next week I am not sure I will call you.

Unknown said...

I want to know where the $100 ball was this year.

Liz said...

yes where was the ball? i am so sorry about your neighbor. i can't imagine going though anything like that.

Ashley and Ezra said...

Katie, Your little boy is ADORABLE!!! I love all the pics! Reading your blog...now Im interested to know what your little business idea is that you went on TV for! Update me! -Ashley Branch (Lee)

Rebecs said...

How fun! My mom does a money egg hunt too and between that and Honey Baked Ham, it could be one of the best holidays ever! Hope you and Steve won mucho dinero! Gotta love those crocks!

Sara said...

WOW! $100?! That's always nice! I love the diaper and crocs...so cute!

Brad and Jana said...

Hey Kaite, It is Jana Page. Your blog is cute. It was fun talking to you at enrichment tonight and getting to know you a little more!