Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Donations for Jenny

Today was a very sad day for us. Our wonderful friend and neighbor, Jenny Pemberton passed away this morning due to complications with her pregnancy. Yesterday morning she suffered from an Amniotic Embolism causing her to go into cardiac arrest. She was 7 months along. They took her to American Fork Hospital and delivered the baby by c-section, but both of them were without oxygen for an extended period of time. Jenny was bleeding and in a coma and the baby had acid in his blood that they tried to clear up.

As of right now, things don't look good for the baby. They have done 2 brain scans, both showing no signs of activity. They are going to give him a name and a blessing tonight before taking him off of Life Support.

Jenny left behind her husband Nate, and three kids, Dakota, Sequoia and their youngest, Theran who is 2 1/2.
Nate and Jenny were and are dear friends of ours. Because he is a contractor and self employed they have no health insurance. There is a donation account set up in her name at Zions Bank. The account name is Jennifer M Pemberton.

This as you can image this is one of the hardest things that a husband could have to deal with. Steve and I are still in shock because it came on with no warning. Jenny was so young and the condition that took her life was so rare. It's hard to image that such a wonderful blessing of being pregnant and bringing a new life into this world could end in such tragedy. It is times like these that i am so greatlful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints and to know that Jenny will have to chance to raise her baby and be with her family again. I am thankful for the Atonement and all the wonderful blessings that come from it.

Steve and I are asking for any donations for Nate and his family.

10 comments:

Shanny said...

Thank you for posting about Jenny. My husband was one of nate;s friends growing up. We truelly love Nate and Jenny and the example the were to us for showing us how important family is. Nate always mades sure that Jenny could stay home and raise their children even if it ment working two jobs to make ends meet.

Anika said...

Kate- how sad. I am so sorry! I like your new layout. Love you!

Fackrell Fam said...

I just found your post when I googled in Jenny Pemberton. We were friends with Nate & Jenny when we lived in Bluffdale with them. We found out about this tragic news on Monday and I cannot stop thinking about it! Do you know what Nate's address is so we can send him a letter, or when the funeral is? I would appreciate that!
-Andrea Fackrell
suzukiviolin@hotmail.com
www.fackrellfam.blogspot.com

O'BRIEN FAMILY BLOG said...

hey so i got to your blog off carrie & curtis and i dont even know why i clicked on it. i just felt inspired to i guess. this story is so tragically sad! my husband and i understand to some degree .... our youngest child was born at 27 weeks and i almost died at delivery and 6 weeks earlier at 23 weeks. i guess our father in heaven has plans of his own because there are many ways and reasons by which neither my daughter or i should be here on earth. my husband is a general contractor and we to are self employed so i also understand the whole insurance thing all to well. my daughters complications and surgeries have challenged us year after year financially, she is now 5. my heart is just aching for nate! wish there was something we could do. i know for us we felt the prayers of those who didnt even know us. so i am hoping that our little families fasting and prayers will be felt by the permberton family.

Sara said...

Probsbly one of the saddest things I have ever heard... I am so sorry!

O'BRIEN FAMILY BLOG said...

katie
so i cant stop thinking about this family. something came to my mind this morning just a thought that may or may not be used or helpful. a book ...
"making sense of suffering" by Wayne Brickey .... its amazing!

heidijogoody said...

Hey Katie I am changing my blog to private so would you comment my blog with your email address so I can send you an invite to view it. Thanks

Isaac Family said...

What a sad story! To think that a pregnancy could end like this. I'm so glad you posted on my blog. I love the Richmond's, they are such great neighbors. I don't think I've met your husband though... Anyway, good to catch up!

Rebecs said...

So sorry to hear about Jenny.

vimahi said...

I found your blog via Heidi Goodman - cute. Did Vili ever bring over the donation?