Sunday, July 12, 2009

6 Weeks and the 4th of July!

For the 4th we went to the Children's Discovery Garden at Thanksgiving Point. We met my mom, stocked up on snacks (which we smuggled in...) and headed over. Laker had such a great time. he loves water, at home we have kiddie pool that he lives in!!! the routine at home is to strip down naked and splash, pee and play all day. We had to keep reminding Laker that that we have to keep our thomas undees on. It was so fun, just to sit and watch him play. Oakley hung out with Nana while we wondered through the garden and played in the tunnels. It was soo much fun! That night we headed over to "The Culdesac of Fire". It was so fun, they had the "Bonus Brothers" come and perform, a few dance numbers and of course fire works. It was great!

Oakley is officially 6 weeks old! My how time flys!! She is such a good baby and she is starting to sleep through the night. she is a creature of routine for sure, she is on a 3-4 hour feeding schedule, then is awake for about 30 min after eating and then down for the count till her tummy wakes her up. Laker is a really good big brother. He is finally calling her Sis Oaky instead of sisy anne, which we have not a clue where it came from even though her middle name is anne, we never told him that.... he likes to help me change her bum and feed her and his favorite this is to give her kisses and stroke her face while saying "awwe". It is soo funny. all in all life is pretty good with 2 so far. We also got Oakley's newborns pics back, my good friend Britty did them, there is a link to her website on our blog but she does such an awesome job!!!! here are some of the pics!!













8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously... Last thing I was expecting was to know someone down there. That was at my fiance's parents house and I somehow got roped into dancing. Where do you live?? I wish I would have gotten to see you!!

The Shirley Family said...

Beautiful pictures. Oakley is such a beautiful little girl. I'm so glad to hear that she is such a good baby.

shelby said...

Holy cow I love the pictures! So cute!

vimahi said...

The pictures are amazing!! So cute. Sorry you had such nursing drama. I'm not envious and I hope I don't experience the same. Love the pics--post the info on the photographer

heidijogoody said...

Oh my goodness those pictures are so darn cute! I love them all. So we didn't make it over to see you tonight but Morgan said you were coming to her thing on Thursday so I am hoping that is true and that I will see you there!

nicole said...

I love your pictures!! She is preious. I have got to come see her!! I promise I'm not trying to be such a slacker:)

Jackie said...

I LOVE these pictures! It was great to hang out with you guys at the reunion... and finally get to hold little Oakley!

Sarah and Jeremy said...

Oh those pics are so sweet. I really like the ones with Laker and the one of Steve holding her with just his hands. lucky girl with her sleeping through the night! Does she not get up at all to eat? (Crew goes down at 6pm and is up at 12am and 4am to eat, I just wanna know if I'm supposed to do anything to have him sleep through.)Ah that would be heavenly!