Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The "almost 3rd trimester" energy boost

So i am 26 weeks this week and i am feeling great!! i am no longer dependant on B6 and unisom, although i may slip a uni here and there for a good night sleep, but who's keeping track????? Well it is almost 1 am and i am waiting for my drugs to kick in i thought i'd write about my "crafty-ness". For christmas i gave myself a sewing machine. Steve thought i was a total nerd for buying myself a sewing machine, but i have to say....i have used it quite a lot and i thought i'd show those who care what i have created......

I figured out how to make a nursing cover, granted it needs to be ironed and this white tin to put it in. I dolled it up a bit and figured it would be a great little package to keep it in.


i also figured out how to make those cute baby carseat covers...this one was a booger to figure out, but for an ameture, i am quite proud of myself!!!




I know, i am a huge nerd, but like i said, i have all this new found energy...i have to do something with it!!!

Oh...and speaking of nerds...my husband and some of his "boyfriends" are going to Wendover in March for March Madness and one of the requirements is that they all have to grow a mustache....thats right 3 weeks worth of growth!!! and they all have to wear jerseys. So far they are 1 week in to it. (steve shaped his beard into a nice go-tee this morning) I think all they need is a nice pair of "daisy dukes" and ladies...watch out!! I know my man is gone bring home a real winner...she may even have a better mustache than he does!

10 comments:

vimahi said...

Cutie cute - love your craftiness. I'd commission you if I was going to have any more babies.
Keep us updated on baby

Liz said...

I love the car seat cover!!! Where did you get the pattern/instructions for that? I made a nursing cover and can't even use it. I am used to a blanket and feel awkward with the cover. :)

heidijogoody said...

Look at you go.. first of all two blog posts in a row that is a record for you and then all this new found craftiness. I guess laker must just be a perfect little angel if you can get all this stuff accomplished! Oh ya I forgot to comment on Laker getting out of his pack n play. The girls first got out of theirs when we were on vacation too I wish I would have thought of this idea :)

britney said...

Wow i am impressed it all started with rykers cute baby blanket and look at you now.

Brian and Carly said...

You need to teach us girls how to make the car seat cover. That is awesome!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Where have I been? I didn't know you were pregnant and you are having a girl!!! Davie Jones sounds like a good name! Congrats!

Jackie said...

Wow! Look at you go girl. I cant believe you are already in your 3rd trimester!

Unknown said...

what an amazing car seat cover. It is so cute.

Tammy said...

You are quite the crafter. I don't know how anyone survives without a sewing machine. Making curtains is super easy and oh so custom. Very cute baby stuff. Your vacation looked fun.

Jeanine said...

Steve is like..."Poetry in Motion" - Beej